Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today's Troubles...

The necklace I'm working on has 59 pieces.

It takes at least a 9-step process to make each piece. First the clay is chosen, colors mixed, flattened, cut-out, then the colors for the rim are mixed, the snakes are made, and glued on. In the meantime while that bakes, the colors for the ball must be mixed, the balls must be made with holes in them, and then glued to the flower piece once those are out of the oven. Then they all have to bake again.

No wonder it took me a lot longer than I thought it would! Some days the clay cooperates, some days the weather is off and the clay gets harder to work with, and some days it's just difficult.

I thought I had it finished, but it got into a funny place, and now it's not finished and I may even have to start again.

Aren't I lucky that I love doing what I do?

1 comment:

  1. lucky, lucky, lucky.

    we're the lucky ones, we get to see the "delightful" combinations you come up with! (just passing by from pcd) :)

    tejae

    ReplyDelete